Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cousins!

Here are some pictures of cousins! The top photo is Melvin Crisp and his sister Frances! They are children of Irene's brother, Orville. They are so much fun and she is a quilter! So we so much to talk about and we even talked a little family history!
The next photo is of Ralph Dotson. He is Irene's sister Lula's son. They still liive near the house he grew up in. He and his wife are so gracious and really made us feel at home. They all provided us with pictures and family stories!

In this last shot of Ron and I, I just wanted to show off the beautiful scenery. It is so beautiful and these rock fences are everywhere and were built during the civil war era. It is a truly amazing place and it only took us 4 1/2 hours to get there. We will be going back soon. We had a great time.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

That is just so neat!! I am so glad you two went out there!! Can't wait to hear more stories!!

Al said...

Ha! I told you we had cousins!

Natalie said...

It looks so beautiful there..I love those rock fences...they are amazing!

BJ Scott said...

Jenny,
That is so neat that you were able to visit with Ron's extended family. I can't believe how close they were to where my Grandma lived... Huntsville is about 15 miles from where you were. I miss the walks along the back roads at Grandma's. We had so much fun as kids playing in the creek and catching crawdads...good times.