Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Favorite Quilt

I know I have already posted this quilt BUT...Amy at Park CityGirl is having an online quilt show and I want to be a part of it! So here it is. I have been quilting for 15 years. I have made alot of quilts in that time and I have lots of favorites but this is the first real quilt that my husband has really poured his heart into. He chose the fabrics and did most of the cutting on this quilt and it makes it really special to me. This quilt was made to raffle for the Civil War Reenactment our county is holding. I love the colors, the hand appliqued soldiers and all the nights that went into it.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Zonnah said...

How special that your husband helped! Lets see if I can get mine to help one of these days! The quilt is beautiful.

Natalie said...

I agree! Such a gorgeous quilt! Amazing! I love all the stars! and the little soldier boys! Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

Very handsome quilt :)

Jocelyn said...

What a very special quilt. It is a wonderful quilt.

Anonymous said...

How nice that your husband worked on this, too. Very nice.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful quilt. Love it.

Sarah Greider said...

Very nice. And a husband who helps...even better!

Anonymous said...

Great quilt...I love the husband helping part...it is simply fabulous...

Cindy's Stitching said...

How talented you both are. Love the design

Unknown said...

Amazing! What a great group effort :) Thanks for sharing!